Sunday, February 27, 2011

Joy of a completed set - 1992 Topps

I love trading with SpastikMooss, of the Great Sports Name Hall of Fame. Last year he was collecting the 1989 and 1992 Topps sets. Now he has moved his interest to cards with cups or coolers on them, and getting rid of the 89s and 92s. I took a bunch of those and am sending him some cooler and cup cars. I figure in a year or two, when he gets tired of the cup cards and is on to cards with security guards or cars or whatever, I'll trade him those for the cup cards I don't have.

He sent me the last 62 cards I needed to finish the 1992 Topps set. I am now five 1991's away from having every Topps base set card from 1986 to 1992. I'm only about eleven shy from finishing 1993, as well. Here's the most interesting card from the ones I got from Mooss, featuring John Kruk getting out of the dugout in Shea Stadium to go to the on-deck circle; bat in one-hand, half-finished sandwich in the other.

I also got most of the 1989 Topps Traded set, about 100 cards worth. I now need only the Ken Griffey Jr. and Randy Johnson cards to complete that set. Here is one of the great cards I got from there, featuring the newest Yankee Hall of Famer, Neon Deion Sanders. He is at least the third Yankee in Canton, joining George Halas and John Elway.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them! And that's a hilarious write up...I wonder who will get my Tyronn Lue collection hahaha

    ReplyDelete